Movement Arts Camps
Movement Arts Camps
SPOT Venue and Be That Kid Productions present:
Kids Short Film Spring Break Camp
Registration NOW OPEN!!!!
- March 18th – 22nd
- Ages 4-17
- $25 Registration fee (goes toward camp tuition)
- $125 tuition for ages 4-7
- $225 tuition for ages 8-17
- Monday – Thursday
- 9:00 am to noon (ages 4-7)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (ages 8-17)
- All day for all ages
- Performance at 6:30 pm
***Before and aftercare available for $10 per hour, payable at the end of camp.
We use film as a fun and engaging way to teach imaginative problem solving and critical thinking skills to kids and teens.
What Campers Learn:
- How to make an original short film
- Production skills, including how to use a camera
- On-camera acting
What Campers Make:
- An original story idea
- An original short group film
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What does the registration fee include?
- The registration fee covers the total cost of the camp and includes all instruction, supplies, and Be That Kid t-shirts.
- What is the daily schedule?
- Be That Kid’s camp hours are from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Thursday and all day Friday. Three days are dedicated to pre-production for the team’s film-making project, including story-boarding, location scouting, scene writing, and blocking. Wednesday and Thursday are our shoot days, and Friday is our red carpet premier.
- How will my child be grouped with other campers?
- Be That Kid Productions staff members will group campers into film-making teams according to age and similar movie interests. If a camper has a specific interest in being an actor, director, writer, or cinematographer on the team project, we will do our best to accommodate those interests.
- Who makes up the staff?
- The staff is comprised of filmmakers and other industry professionals and academics who are actively working in television, film and branded entertainment media, and are involved with some of the finest productions across the country.
- Do you have before and/or after camp care?
- Yes. We can provide both before and after care for $10/hour with a morning drop-off is as early as 8:00 am. Please contact us about our latest after-care times.
- Does my child need to bring his/her lunch?
- Yes. Campers must bring their own lunch. *Please note that we do not provide a refrigerator.*
- What are the safety precautions?
- We are dedicated to providing a safe, creative, supportive, and fun environment for all who attend. There is a staff member on campus at all times. Campers are expected to follow the camp’s prescribed rules of conduct.
- What is Be That Kid Production’s policy on discipline?
- Camp rules are provided to families upon registration. A parent or guardian must sign a document agreeing to follow camp rules throughout the camp week. All campers are expected to adhere to these rules. Any camper who does not adhere to camp rules will be required to leave without a camp refund. Be That Kid Productions has a zero tolerance policy for behavior outlined in our camp rules that is deemed to be detrimental to the camp space, other campers’ well-being, or the camp experience as a whole.
- In the event of an emergency, who do we contact?
- Prior to camp, all parents and campers will be provided with on-location contact numbers for camp staff so that you may contact your child in the event of an emergency.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Full payment is due to reserve your space. No refunds are given if cancellation occurs within 2 weeks before the camp start date.
Sarah Yvonne Chappell
Owner | Director I Ballet Mistress // B a l l e t E s p r i t